This diagram pictures the basics elements of "Top-Rope" climbing.
Below: This diagram shows a basic "Top-Rope" anchor using natural parts of the environment for protection.
Introduction to Rock Climbing
During this expedition you will learn...
- Climbing safety & precautions
- "Top-Rope" site management
- Introduction to rock climbing gear & equipment
- How to Belay & use climbing commands
- "Top-rope" anchor construction using natural & artificial anchors
- Basic climbing movement & technique
- Leave-No-Trace wilderness ethics
- Customized Naturalist lessons
- How to send, send, send!!!
Watch and learn...
This YouTube video introduces the basic elements of "Top-Rope" climbing & explains how-to-belaying.
This YouTube video will give you an idea of what you will learn & accomplish during the "Introduction to Rock Climbing" expedition. Listen, learn and enjoy!